If you really like white shoes or sneakers, since they can be combined with clothes of all colors and at the same time they are very comfortable, surely you care about keeping them clean. But maybe that will generate a lot of work for you, since they tend to get dirty very often.
In this note you will be able to learn a very simple trick to return them to their original white, without resorting to chemical products that can contaminate the water, and without spending a lot of money; since you possibly have the necessary ingredients at home.
The secret of this method is found in the combination of baking soda (a salt) with vinegar (an acid); two cheap and simple elements that, when merged, generate a compound capable of acting as a very effective natural and ecological cleaner.
In addition to cleaning the fabrics and rubber of the shoes, both elements have antibacterial properties and act by removing fungi and bacteria that can cause bad foot odor.
- 125ml white vinegar
- 60 grams of baking soda
- A brush, a cloth and a small container
1. In a container, mix the baking soda with the vinegar. It will generate an effervescence that you should let subside.
2. Take a brush, put a little of the mixture on it and place it on the shoe. It may be an old toothbrush.
3. Do the same on the rubber part, if it has one. You can use a cloth for this, if it is easier for you.
4. Let the preparation act for 30 minutes and then rinse well.
5. Also wash the laces, so that the entire shoe recovers the original white.
And ready! You will have your sneakers like new without spending more money and without damaging the environment.