Have you ever stopped to think that you spend a third of your life on your mattress? If you don’t sleep that much, it may be a little less, but the reality is that we sleep between a quarter and a third of our lives and all that time is spent on the mattress!
Over time, a mattress absorbs dirt that comes from the body and from the outside (even if it is covered by sheets, secretions such as sweat go through them every night and, in the case of children’s mattresses, this includes urine) . In addition, a mattress accumulates mites that come from the sheets and blankets, and even if you wash them frequently, they remain in it.
Despite all this, many people never clean the mattress, and it is usually because they do not know how to do it. Here you can learn a technique to clean it very easily.
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 drops of liquid soap
- 250 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 clean cloth
1. Mix the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda in a bowl until the powder dissolves completely.
2. Add the liquid soap and mix again.
3. Pour into the atomizer.
How to use
To use it, shake the bottle well and spray the preparation on the stains and dark areas that you find on the mattress. Let it dry, and then rub it with the dry cloth. Remove the remains of the mixture with a vacuum cleaner.
The mixture cannot be stored because it loses its properties, so prepare only what you are going to use and apply it immediately.
Tips to take care of your mattress
- Try, at least a few times a week, not to make the bed as soon as you get up, so that the sheets can air out before closing the bed.
- When you change the sheets, take the opportunity to shake the mattress and leave it in the open air for a while.
- If the sun enters the room, let it hit the uncovered mattress directly.
- Periodically turn the mattress in both directions (change the side on which it rests, and also place the side of the head for the side of the feet, but not both at the same time).
- Do not get used to using the bed as an armchair or doing activities on it (such as writing on the computer), because the mattress is only prepared to be horizontal.
Share on social networks: